Holy Quran English Translation and Commentary
by Maulana Muhammad Ali
Ahmadiyya Anjuman Ishaat Islam Lahore USA.
P.O. Box 3370, Dublin Ohio 43016
This Holy Quran App is being released for Android, iOS and Windows operating systems, and can be easily downloaded to smart phones, tablets and computers.
This Holy Quran App is based on the English Translation and Commentary of the Holy Quran by Maulana Muhammad Ali, and has several distinguishing features:
- It includes both the English translation and footnotes;
- The footnotes are present as hyperlinks, and displayed in pop-up form, making them accessible without further scrolling;
- The audio recording of the English translation is also available for those desiring to listen rather than read, and is accessible in 30 parts and for sections within each chapter;
- The navigation capability is excellent, permitting easy access to the following from any page:
- Chapters (suras), Sections (rukus), Parts (paras);
- Specific words found in the List of Arabic Vocabulary;
- The expanded Index
- It includes Word and Phrase search function for both the English text and the introductory comments to each chapter;
- It includes Copy and Paste capability, with a built in "Annotation" feature to store and compile selected items.
- In the Mobile Version, swipe through the app to review the chapters, and scroll to read the text within the chapters.
- In the Tablet Version, swipe through to read the entire app.
- In the Windows version, place the cursor on the right or left side of the page to reveal an arrow that is used to turn pages, either forward or backward.
- To copy (and then paste), you can either select the text you want and right-click or highlight the part you want using the "highlight" function.
- Text can be highlighted using a long-press, in five different colors, and the selected item(s) can be viewed in the "Highlight" section (see ). To delete highlights, simply go to the Highlight icon, select the highlight you would like to delete, right-click and select delete.
- Copied text can be pasted in the "Annotation" box using a long-press, along with personal notes. These annotations can be compiled, stored and reviewed in the "Annotation" section (see ).
- The audio can be commenced from the beginning of any of the 30 divided parts of the Holy Quran and can also be commenced from selected sections within each chapter of the Holy Quran.
Reviews of Translation and Commentary by Maulana Muhammad Ali:
There is no other translation or commentary of the Holy Quran in the English Language to compete with Maulvi Muhammad Ali's Masterpiece
- Al-Haj Hafiz Ghulam Sarwar (Translator of the Holy Quran)
To deny the excellence of Maulvi Muhammad Ali's translation, the influence for good it has exercised and its proselytizing utility would be to deny the existence of the light of the sun.
- Maulana Abdul Majid Daryabadi (Leather of Orthodox Muslim Opinion in India)
... has all the merits of what is desired in a translation
- The Anjuman Himayat-e-Islam, Lahore, Pakistan
... an austerely faithful translation in English ... based on a close study of commentaries of the Quran - the work of my learned name - sake Maulvi Muhammad Ali of Lahore ... The translation and the notes ... all demonstrate the labour of love and devoted zeal
- Maulana Muhammad Ali Jauhar of
It is certainly a work of which any scholar might legitimately be proud
- The Quest, London
To contribute towards the development of future Apps and support similar projects, please visit www.muslim.org/app-development.htm
Powered by ssparkl from diacriTech Private Limited, Chennai, India.